Friday, September 01, 2006

Opening Day!


Opening Day 2006. You can't get much better than today. 4 guys, 3 dogs and doves flying around like crazy. Okay we got there a little early. The regs said 6:38 was legal light, but it still wasn't bright enough to go boating yet. Once we got to the island, it was a bit slow. But around 9:30 things started to pick up. By 10:30 everyone had reached or exceeded their limit except me. I'm still a piss poor shot and only brought down 3 on my own. Not bad. The nine shown here are the 3 I shot and some Todd shot over his limit. In total we brought home 37 doves between the 4 of us.

I purchaced a new shotgun at Cabela's today. It's a Stoeger P350. It's very similar to a Benelli Nova. I bought it for duck hunting as it will shoot 3.5 inch shells where my Winchester won't. I had to try it on doves first so I could get a feel for it. I like it, it's a keeper.

No comments: